Chandrasekharan`s wife begins fast for CBI probe
Thiruvananthapuram: KK Rema, wife of RMP leader T P Chandrasekhran, who was hacked to death in 2012, began an indefinite fast in front of the secretariat here on Monday, demanding a CBI probe into the conspiracy of her husband`s murder.
Citing the recent judgement that awarded life imprisonment to 11 accused in the case, including three local leaders of the CPI(M), Rema and her colleagues wanted the UDF government to take steps for a CBI probe to unearth the conspiracy allegedly involving some bigwigs of the CPI(M).
A former Marxist from Onchiyam near Vatakara in Kozhikode district, Chandrasekharan had challenged the parent party in its red bastion by floating a parallel left outfit. He was hacked to death by an eight-member gang on May 4, 2012. There were 51 hack wounds on his body.
Apart from Rema`s father K K Madhavan, a former CPI(M) member, writer Sara Joseph who recently joined AAP, journalist and human rights campaigner B R P Bhaskar and scores of RMP workers and supporters were at the venue when she began the fast.
The Oommen Chandy government is under pressure over the issue with several Congress leaders, including Minister of state for Home Mullapally Ramachandran supporting the demand for a CBI probe.
While CPI(M) is opposed to re-opening the case, state Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala has said the government ould take a decision after examining the legal and procedural aspects of the issue.
Exposing the rift in the CPI(M), senior leader V S Achuthanandan has backed the demand, paving the way for his admonition by the state unit.
Still it is eagerly awaited whether the nonagenarian leader would visit Rema during her fast risking stern disciplinary action by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources