Chandraskharan murder: `Sufficient material to prove conspiracy of CPI(M) leaders`
Kochi: Kerala government on Wednesday informed the High Court that there was sufficient material to prove the conspiracy of two CPI(M) local leaders and a party sympathiser in the May 4 murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandraskharan.
The submission in this regard was made by Advocate General KP Dandapani after the case diary was produced in court, as directed by Justice NK Balakrishnan.
The court had yesterday directed police to produce records indicating the conspiracy of local leaders CH Ashokan, Onchiyam area committee secretary of CPI(M) and KK Krishnan, Committee member and party sympathiser Raneesh, when their bail pleas came up before it.
The counsel for the accused said the statement of witnesses relied on by the prosecution did not suggest conspiracy.
He argued that this is a fit case to grant compensation as the conspiracy theory relied on by the prosecution was a speech made at a public meeting. Conspiracy is done in secret and cannot be made in a public meeting, the counsel said.
Also, the place of conspiracy, persons participating, its day and time should be brought out with supporting evidence. Conspiracy cannot be established by merely stating that CPI(M) has a motive to attack people, the counsel said.
The Advocate General said the conspiracy angle is `very clear` going by the statements given and public speeches made by Ashokan.
Justice Balakrishnan reserved orders on the bail applications.
The counsel for Raneesh submitted there is no charge of conspiracy against him and the only charge was that he has aided the duo in causing disappearance of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad