Chandy assures time-bound implementation of Sabari
Pampa: Kerala Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy on Saturday said the Sabarimala master plan for
improving the basic amenities for millions of pilgrims
visiting the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa would be
implemented in a time-bound manner.
A high-level committee, headed by state Devaswom (temple
affairs) Minister V S Sivakumar, would be set up as soon as
the ongoing `Mandala Pooja` season was over, Chandy said.
The Chief Minister was at Pampa, the base camp from where
the trek to the shrine begins, to open a service road
constructed with the support of the Akhila Bhartha Ayyappa
"The government gives top priority to Sabarimala
pilgrimage and the schemes to improve the facilities would be
carried out without delay," Chandy said.
The Sabarimala Master Plan, drawn up by a leading
consultant firm, envisages creation of basic infrastructure
and amenities for the devotees, especially during the
two-month long pilgrim season.
The plan has factored in environmental concerns as the
shrine is located in an ecologically significant location in
the Periyar Tiger Reserve (PTR).
It has also taken into account aspects such as pilgrim
management, development of base camps and transit facilities,
transport and communication linkages by use of eco-friendly
technologies and methods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand