Chandy assures time-bound implementation of Sabari
Pampa: Kerala Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy on Saturday said the Sabarimala master plan for
improving the basic amenities for millions of pilgrims
visiting the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa would be
implemented in a time-bound manner.
A high-level committee, headed by state Devaswom (temple
affairs) Minister V S Sivakumar, would be set up as soon as
the ongoing `Mandala Pooja` season was over, Chandy said.
The Chief Minister was at Pampa, the base camp from where
the trek to the shrine begins, to open a service road
constructed with the support of the Akhila Bhartha Ayyappa
"The government gives top priority to Sabarimala
pilgrimage and the schemes to improve the facilities would be
carried out without delay," Chandy said.
The Sabarimala Master Plan, drawn up by a leading
consultant firm, envisages creation of basic infrastructure
and amenities for the devotees, especially during the
two-month long pilgrim season.
The plan has factored in environmental concerns as the
shrine is located in an ecologically significant location in
the Periyar Tiger Reserve (PTR).
It has also taken into account aspects such as pilgrim
management, development of base camps and transit facilities,
transport and communication linkages by use of eco-friendly
technologies and methods.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram