Chandy denies any rift with KPCC president Chennit
Thiruvananthapuram: Maintaining that the party leadership and parliamentary party of Congress are working in tandem in the state, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said he had no difference of opinion on any matter with KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala.
In the wake of the attack from Nair Service Society General Secretary G Sukumaran Nair at a function here, yesterday said that the majority community is being `neglected` by the government, Chandy said he was not for any controversy on
"I have been working with the KPCC president for the last eight years and have not encountered any problem," he said briefing reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
Asked about Sukumaran Nair`s remark that Chennithala contested in the elections on NSS advice to get a prominent position in the government, Chandy said he was not in the know of such things. "Time will tell what the truth is," he said
He said people who did not want to hear unwarranted allegations from any quarter should sit at home and he did not intend to do that. "You cannot get any further word from me to develop the controversy," Chandy said.
On cabinet decisions, he said government had decided to bear the burden on State Transport Corporation (KSRTC) for two months after the diesel price hike. A sum of Rs 28 crore would be set apart for KSRTC to face the crisis in the wake of diesel price increase for large-scale consumers.
The state government would put pressure on the Centre to withdraw the price hike for KSRTC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report