Chandy, Gogoi to be sworn in as CMs today
Guwahati/Thiruvananthapuram: Senior Congress leaders Oommen Chandy and Tarun Gogoi will be sworn in on Wednesday as the chief ministers of Kerala and Assam respectively.
In Kerala, along with Chandy who will lead the UDF government, P K Kunhalikutty (IUML), K M Mani (KC-M), K P Mohan (SJD), T M Jacob (KC-J), K B Ganesh Kumar (KC-B) and Shibu Baby John (RSP-B), partners of the United Democratic Front, will also be sworn in at 2.00 pm.
They will be administered oath of office and secrecy by Governor RS Gavai at a ceremony to be held at the Raj Bhavan lawns, UDF sources said.
The ministry will be expanded later after finalising the list of Congress members to be included in consultation with the party`s central leadership.
UDF captured power in the state pipping the Left Democratic Front (LDF) by a margin of 72-68 in the 140-member Assembly in a photo-finish in the April 13 elections.
Chandy was on Sunday elected leader of the Congress Legislature Party.
Meanwhile, in Assam Tarun Gogoi, who was unanimously elected Leader of Congress Legislature Party, will be administered the oath of office by Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik.
Gogoi, who will be taking over as Chief Minister for the third consecutive term, will be sworn in at 3.00 pm at the Raj Bhavan, Raj Bhavan sources said.
The Congress swept the poll winning 78 seats in the 126-member Assam Assembly.
(With PTI inputs)
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened