Chandy, ministers at IIM to learn management
Kozhikode: It was back to the classroom for Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and his 19 cabinet colleagues on Thursday as they gathered at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Kozhikode to learn the nuances of management and explore how to enhance the state`s potential in various areas.
"Our state has a lot of strengths and also weaknesses. Only after we recognise these can we act accordingly," Chandy told students during an interaction ahead of the "lesson".
Chandy and his cabinet colleagues arrived in the classroom before 9 am. He even instructed his ministers to switch off their mobiles.
The classroom sessions are being led by IIM-K director Debashis Chatterjee.
IIM-K has named the programme GIFT (Governance Insight For Transformation), focusing on how to make use of the state`s potential in areas like investment, infrastructure development, agriculture, environment and health.
Other than the IIM-K faculty, Confederation of Indian Industry director (investment) Chandrajith Chatterjee, head of Narayan Hridyalaya Devi Prasad Shetty, and former head of central public sector FACT, Dr TT Thomas are also scheduled to hold lectures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie