Chandy refuses to comment on IUML`s demand
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Saturday declined to comment on IUML`s demand for a fifth ministerial berth in the ruling Congress led UDF government.
"The last UDF meeting had discussed the issue and UDF Convenor, PP Thankachan had briefed the media about it. I do not have anything more to add," Chandy told reporters here when asked about the IUML statement on swearing-in of the fifth minister.
Chandy said as already stated, he and KPCC president Ramesh chennithala would discuss the issue with Congress high command.
IUML, the second largest partner in Congress-led UDF, has been pressing for one more berth in the Oommen Chandy cabinet apart from four slots the party already holds.
Meanwhile, Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty and Finance minister, KM Mani, held discussions at the guest house here reportedly on the IUML demand for fifth ministerial post.
Mani later told reporters that Kerala congress (Mani), a constituent of UDF, had no objection in IUML getting a fifth ministerial berth.However, Congress has to take a decision in this regard, he said.
Kunhalikutty, also senior IUML leader, refused to comment on the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan