Chandy rejects charges of inefficiency against KPC
New Delhi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on tuesday rejected charges of inefficiency against state Congress Chief Ramesh Chennithala, saying party had not lost any election under his leadership.
"Party has not tasted electoral defeat ever since Ramesh assumed charge as KPCC Chief," Chandy said reacting to a question whether he agreed with reported allegations that the KPCC chief is inefficient.
Leader of Kerala`s influential Nair Service Society (NSS), Sukumaran Nair, who is highly critical of the state Cabinet dominated by members from the minority community, had reportedly called Chennithala inefficient. The KPCC Chief also belongs to Nair community.
Talking to reporters, Chandy recalled his working chemistry with Chennithala. "We have been working together since 2005--Ramesh as KPCC President and I as legislature party leader," he said.
In the recently held by-election, Congress-led UDF in Kerala had wrested the Neyyattinkara Assembly seat from the CPI (M) raising UDF strength in the 140-member assembly to 73 and reducing LDF`s to 67.
Outcome of June 4 bypoll was a morale-booster to the one-year old Oommen Chandy Ministry.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations