Chandy wants AI Express HQ at Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition Leader in Kerala Oommen Chandy on Monday demanded that the headquarters of budget airline Air India Express (AIE) be shifted from Mumbai to Thiruvananthapuram.
In a statement here, Chandy said barring a few services to Mumbai, 80 percent of the services of Air India Express were from Kerala to the Gulf countries. If the headquarters of the airline was shifted to Thiruvananthapuram, expenditure for the functioning of AIE
office could be reduced and steps could be taken to avoid neglect towards the Gulf sector, he said.
Chandy wanted the state government to put pressure on the Civil Aviation Ministry for the shifting of the AIE office to the state capital. The suggestion to this effect made by M A Yusuf Ali, NRK businessman and director, AIE, at its recent Director Board meeting in Mumbai, had been supported by other members on the Board, Chandy said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read