Chandy wants Sreedharan to be part of Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said the state government wanted the expertise
of E Sreedharan, former chief of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation,
to execute the proposed Kochi Metro project.
Government would not allow any controversy to block the
progress of implementation of the project, Chandy told
reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
Sreedharan would be coming to the state on January 12 and
all issues connected with the project would be sorted out, he
said, adding, the former DMRC chief`s word on the project
would be final.
Global tender was a pre-requisite for getting loans from
Japanese Funding Agency, which has proposed to extend loan at
a lower interest rate.
The project ran into controversy after the state
government announced its plan to go for a global tender,
overuling its earlier decision to entrust the project with
Kochi Metro project envisages a transport system on an
elevated platform for 27 km between Aluva and Punithura.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad