Chandy wants Sreedharan to be part of Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said the state government wanted the expertise
of E Sreedharan, former chief of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation,
to execute the proposed Kochi Metro project.
Government would not allow any controversy to block the
progress of implementation of the project, Chandy told
reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
Sreedharan would be coming to the state on January 12 and
all issues connected with the project would be sorted out, he
said, adding, the former DMRC chief`s word on the project
would be final.
Global tender was a pre-requisite for getting loans from
Japanese Funding Agency, which has proposed to extend loan at
a lower interest rate.
The project ran into controversy after the state
government announced its plan to go for a global tender,
overuling its earlier decision to entrust the project with
Kochi Metro project envisages a transport system on an
elevated platform for 27 km between Aluva and Punithura.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS