Chandy wants Sreedharan to be part of Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said the state government wanted the expertise
of E Sreedharan, former chief of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation,
to execute the proposed Kochi Metro project.
Government would not allow any controversy to block the
progress of implementation of the project, Chandy told
reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
Sreedharan would be coming to the state on January 12 and
all issues connected with the project would be sorted out, he
said, adding, the former DMRC chief`s word on the project
would be final.
Global tender was a pre-requisite for getting loans from
Japanese Funding Agency, which has proposed to extend loan at
a lower interest rate.
The project ran into controversy after the state
government announced its plan to go for a global tender,
overuling its earlier decision to entrust the project with
Kochi Metro project envisages a transport system on an
elevated platform for 27 km between Aluva and Punithura.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex gains 3.5% post Rexit announcement: Report
- Subramanian Swamy tries to raise Mahatma Gandhi's assassination issue in RS
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07