Chandy wants Sreedharan to be part of Kochi Metro
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said the state government wanted the expertise
of E Sreedharan, former chief of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation,
to execute the proposed Kochi Metro project.
Government would not allow any controversy to block the
progress of implementation of the project, Chandy told
reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
Sreedharan would be coming to the state on January 12 and
all issues connected with the project would be sorted out, he
said, adding, the former DMRC chief`s word on the project
would be final.
Global tender was a pre-requisite for getting loans from
Japanese Funding Agency, which has proposed to extend loan at
a lower interest rate.
The project ran into controversy after the state
government announced its plan to go for a global tender,
overuling its earlier decision to entrust the project with
Kochi Metro project envisages a transport system on an
elevated platform for 27 km between Aluva and Punithura.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'