Chandy`s sops for unwed tribal mothers - land and pension
Thiruvananthapuram: Tribal unwed mothers in Kerala will get an acre of land each and a monthly pension of Rs.1,000, Chief Minister Oomen Chandy announced here Wednesday.
"We have decided to give them an acre of land each and an increased monthly pension of Rs.1,000," Chandy told reporters here after a cabinet meeting.
Most of these unwed tribal mothers are in north Kerala and they were exploited sexually in their childhood.
The land would be given at locations where these women now live so that they can pursue farming.
The previous Left government was giving them Rs.300 as monthly pension.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days