Chargesheet against four Kerala policemen
Kochi: The CBI on Monday filed a chargesheet
against four police personnel in the case relating to alleged
custodial torture and death of Sampath, a murder accused in
March 2010 in Palakkad.
The four policemen are--Deputy Superintendent of Police CK Ramachandran, Sub Inspectors TU Unnikrishnan and Ramesh and
Constable Shyama Prasad.
This is the first charge sheet filed in the case at the
CBI Special court here.
The government had yesterday granted the CBI a permission
to launch prosecution proceedings against the four, arrested
by the agency. At least 14 police personnel are accused in the
Sampath, the prime accused in the murder of a housewife
Sheela on March 23 last year was arrested along with two
others. During questioning, police allegedly tortured him
leading to his death. There were over 60 wounds in his body.
The Kerala High Court had ordered a CBI probe following a
plea by Sampath`s brother.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement