Chargesheet against four Kerala policemen
Kochi: The CBI on Monday filed a chargesheet
against four police personnel in the case relating to alleged
custodial torture and death of Sampath, a murder accused in
March 2010 in Palakkad.
The four policemen are--Deputy Superintendent of Police CK Ramachandran, Sub Inspectors TU Unnikrishnan and Ramesh and
Constable Shyama Prasad.
This is the first charge sheet filed in the case at the
CBI Special court here.
The government had yesterday granted the CBI a permission
to launch prosecution proceedings against the four, arrested
by the agency. At least 14 police personnel are accused in the
Sampath, the prime accused in the murder of a housewife
Sheela on March 23 last year was arrested along with two
others. During questioning, police allegedly tortured him
leading to his death. There were over 60 wounds in his body.
The Kerala High Court had ordered a CBI probe following a
plea by Sampath`s brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown