Chargesheet against four Kerala policemen
Kochi: The CBI on Monday filed a chargesheet
against four police personnel in the case relating to alleged
custodial torture and death of Sampath, a murder accused in
March 2010 in Palakkad.
The four policemen are--Deputy Superintendent of Police CK Ramachandran, Sub Inspectors TU Unnikrishnan and Ramesh and
Constable Shyama Prasad.
This is the first charge sheet filed in the case at the
CBI Special court here.
The government had yesterday granted the CBI a permission
to launch prosecution proceedings against the four, arrested
by the agency. At least 14 police personnel are accused in the
Sampath, the prime accused in the murder of a housewife
Sheela on March 23 last year was arrested along with two
others. During questioning, police allegedly tortured him
leading to his death. There were over 60 wounds in his body.
The Kerala High Court had ordered a CBI probe following a
plea by Sampath`s brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video