Chargesheet against four Kerala policemen
Kochi: The CBI on Monday filed a chargesheet
against four police personnel in the case relating to alleged
custodial torture and death of Sampath, a murder accused in
March 2010 in Palakkad.
The four policemen are--Deputy Superintendent of Police CK Ramachandran, Sub Inspectors TU Unnikrishnan and Ramesh and
Constable Shyama Prasad.
This is the first charge sheet filed in the case at the
CBI Special court here.
The government had yesterday granted the CBI a permission
to launch prosecution proceedings against the four, arrested
by the agency. At least 14 police personnel are accused in the
Sampath, the prime accused in the murder of a housewife
Sheela on March 23 last year was arrested along with two
others. During questioning, police allegedly tortured him
leading to his death. There were over 60 wounds in his body.
The Kerala High Court had ordered a CBI probe following a
plea by Sampath`s brother.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman