Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader`s murder
Kozhikode: With close to 70 people accused in the murder of former Marxist leader TP Chandrasekharan, Kerala Police will start work Monday on the chargesheet expected to be filed in early August.
A police source said Saturday that the process of preparing the chargesheet will begin once Additional Director General of Police Vinson M Paul, who heads the probe team, returns from leave.
Former Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Chandrasekharan, 51, was murdered May 4 in Kozhikode district by a group of hired killers, some of whom have been linked to the CPI-M.
The party denies its involvement in the killing.
Chandrasekharan quit the CPI-M in 2008 and formed his own party.
Those arrested include the husband (P. Mohanan) of CPI-M legislator KK Lathika besides more than a dozen middle and senior level Left leaders based in Kannur and Kozhikode districts.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL