Chargesheet soon in ex-Marxist leader`s murder
Kozhikode: With close to 70 people accused in the murder of former Marxist leader TP Chandrasekharan, Kerala Police will start work Monday on the chargesheet expected to be filed in early August.
A police source said Saturday that the process of preparing the chargesheet will begin once Additional Director General of Police Vinson M Paul, who heads the probe team, returns from leave.
Former Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Chandrasekharan, 51, was murdered May 4 in Kozhikode district by a group of hired killers, some of whom have been linked to the CPI-M.
The party denies its involvement in the killing.
Chandrasekharan quit the CPI-M in 2008 and formed his own party.
Those arrested include the husband (P. Mohanan) of CPI-M legislator KK Lathika besides more than a dozen middle and senior level Left leaders based in Kannur and Kozhikode districts.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- Rains trigger landslide on Gangotri highway in Uttarakhand
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of SAUNI project in Jamnagar
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit