Cheating case cannot be quashed because few were paid back: Kerala HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Friday observed that cheating cases against Saritha S Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan, two accused in the Solar Panel scam, cannot be quashed merely because they had paid back some of the amounts to those whom they had cheated.
The observation was made by Justice Harun Al Rashid while considering petitions filed by the two accused, seeking to quash the cases against them in the scam. They contended that they were settling the matter out of court.
Earlier, they had approached the court to quash cases registered against them by Ernakulam Town police station on the ground that amounts payable to the victims have been settled out of court.
A fraudulent solar energy company `Team Solar` had been floated by the two accused, who had allegedly collected huge amounts from investors, promising to make them business partners or offering to install alternate sources of energy and failed to deliver the goods.
They were arrested this year and are currently in jail.
The case took a political turn after the names of some personal staff of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy cropped up following which the opposition LDF has been demanding Chandy`s resignation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you