Chennithala`s chances of joining UDF govt rises
Thiruvananthapuram: Chances of KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala joining UDF Ministry headed by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy appeared to have brightened with the two leaders meeting here Tuesday to break the deadlock over the issue.
A final call on the matter, however, would be taken after getting a green signal from the Congress high command on the settlement formula worked out at the state-level, party sources said.
Emerging from the talks at KPCC headquarters, Chandy told reporters that "the problems would be solved."
According to the sources, the Chandy camp was not averse to accommodating Chennithala in Cabinet and even according him the rank of Deputy Chief Minister but it continues to be reluctant to allocate him the Home portfolio.
As per the formula, Chennithala would be given Revenue followed by a reshuffle of portfolios held by Congress nominees in the coalition ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- After marriage, porn-watching ups in women, drops in men
- Summer woes? Here are top 20 gateways to escape the heat!
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron