Chennithala`s chances of joining UDF govt rises
Thiruvananthapuram: Chances of KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala joining UDF Ministry headed by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy appeared to have brightened with the two leaders meeting here Tuesday to break the deadlock over the issue.
A final call on the matter, however, would be taken after getting a green signal from the Congress high command on the settlement formula worked out at the state-level, party sources said.
Emerging from the talks at KPCC headquarters, Chandy told reporters that "the problems would be solved."
According to the sources, the Chandy camp was not averse to accommodating Chennithala in Cabinet and even according him the rank of Deputy Chief Minister but it continues to be reluctant to allocate him the Home portfolio.
As per the formula, Chennithala would be given Revenue followed by a reshuffle of portfolios held by Congress nominees in the coalition ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror