Christians in India celebrate Easter
Thiruvananthapuram: Christians in Kerala on Sunday
joined their brethren the worldover to celebrate Easter with
piety and gaiety commemorating the resurrection of Jesus
Christ after crucifixion.
Senior bishops gave out the Easter message of promise and
hope during the special church services and prayers in
cathedrals and major churches across the state.
Archbishop Maria Soosaipackyam led the Easter service in
the St Joseph`s Cathedral here.
Coming after the Holy Week which recalls the final days of
Christ leading to his arrest and crucifixion, Easter also
marks the end of the season of Lent when devouts abstain
from all worldly pleasures.
Kerala Governor R S Gavai, Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan
and leaders of various political parties extended Easter
greeting to Keralites living around the world.
Easter celebrated in Mizoram
Easter Sunday, the resurrection of
Jesus Christ after being crucified, was celebrated all
over the Christian-dominated state of Mizoram.
The Salvation Army band parties heralded the day by
playing `He has arisen` in many places in Aizawl and other
places while the Catholic church members broke their fast to
celebrate the Easter.
Other church denominations also celebrated the day by
distributing `Easter eggs` and holding prayer services.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks