Church roof collapse in Kerala; two dead
Alappuzha: With one more worker succumbing to his injuries in the wee hours of Tuesday, the toll in the collapse of an under construction church at nearby Aroor rose to two.
Nine others are being treated at different hospitals in Kochi and here for injuries sustained when concreting work of a new structure of St Augustine Church came crashing down last evening.
While Vishwanath from Bihar died last night, another labourer, whose identity is yet to be established, died in a government hospital at nearby Cherthala early this morning, police sources said.
Though search and rescue operations were conducted for several hours last evening none was found dead trapped in the debris.
Police have registered a case against the contractor executing the work, who is yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video