Church roof collapse in Kerala; two dead
Alappuzha: With one more worker succumbing to his injuries in the wee hours of Tuesday, the toll in the collapse of an under construction church at nearby Aroor rose to two.
Nine others are being treated at different hospitals in Kochi and here for injuries sustained when concreting work of a new structure of St Augustine Church came crashing down last evening.
While Vishwanath from Bihar died last night, another labourer, whose identity is yet to be established, died in a government hospital at nearby Cherthala early this morning, police sources said.
Though search and rescue operations were conducted for several hours last evening none was found dead trapped in the debris.
Police have registered a case against the contractor executing the work, who is yet to be traced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India