Church roof collapse in Kerala; two dead
Alappuzha: With one more worker succumbing to his injuries in the wee hours of Tuesday, the toll in the collapse of an under construction church at nearby Aroor rose to two.
Nine others are being treated at different hospitals in Kochi and here for injuries sustained when concreting work of a new structure of St Augustine Church came crashing down last evening.
While Vishwanath from Bihar died last night, another labourer, whose identity is yet to be established, died in a government hospital at nearby Cherthala early this morning, police sources said.
Though search and rescue operations were conducted for several hours last evening none was found dead trapped in the debris.
Police have registered a case against the contractor executing the work, who is yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16