Church to award historian for work on Xi`anity
Thrissur (Kerala): Shrine Basilica of Our Lady of
Dolours here, famed as the "tallest" church in Asia, has
instituted an All India award for outstanding contribution
in the field of the history of Christianity in India.
The award, comprising Rs 25,000 and citation, will be
presented at the commemorative function on the 70th death
anniversary of Bishop Francis Vazhappilly in May this year,
a church release said here.
Bishop Vazhappilly was the first Bishop of Thrissur Diocese
and also the founder of the Basilica, which is famous for its
Gothic style architecture.
The award winning work would be selected by an experts`
panel to be constituted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'