Church will not succumb to undue pressure: KCBC
Thrissur: Kerala Catholic Bishops` Council has said it would not bow to `undue pressure` from any quarter in education and health care, saying the state`s development model mainly in these sectors is globally acclaimed.
"The Kerala model development is acclaimed nationally and internationally mainly for achievements in health care and education in which the Church and tributary organizations have played pivotal roles. If anybody or any organizations wish it to withdraw from these sectors, it would be very difficult to budge to them", KCBC President and Archbishop of Thrissur, Mar Andrews Thazhath Archbishop said.
He was speaking at the valedictory of the 40th anniversary of Catholic Union Kerala Catholic Youth Movement here last night.
He said the faction feud in the ruling United Democratic Front had transgressed its `tolerance limit and caused a stumbling block to governance.
Thazath described totally baseless criticism that Church run educational institutions has co-modified the education sector, saying it had not commercialized education.
He flayed the tendency of communalizing every issue in Kerala.
"Everything in the state is given a communal hue. Groupism and communalism have raised their ugly heads in every situation. Race and religion are being taken into consideration for everything and the Church was totally against it", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic