Church will not succumb to undue pressure: KCBC
Thrissur: Kerala Catholic Bishops` Council has said it would not bow to `undue pressure` from any quarter in education and health care, saying the state`s development model mainly in these sectors is globally acclaimed.
"The Kerala model development is acclaimed nationally and internationally mainly for achievements in health care and education in which the Church and tributary organizations have played pivotal roles. If anybody or any organizations wish it to withdraw from these sectors, it would be very difficult to budge to them", KCBC President and Archbishop of Thrissur, Mar Andrews Thazhath Archbishop said.
He was speaking at the valedictory of the 40th anniversary of Catholic Union Kerala Catholic Youth Movement here last night.
He said the faction feud in the ruling United Democratic Front had transgressed its `tolerance limit and caused a stumbling block to governance.
Thazath described totally baseless criticism that Church run educational institutions has co-modified the education sector, saying it had not commercialized education.
He flayed the tendency of communalizing every issue in Kerala.
"Everything in the state is given a communal hue. Groupism and communalism have raised their ugly heads in every situation. Race and religion are being taken into consideration for everything and the Church was totally against it", he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray