CM flays oppn resolve not to have dialogue with govt
Malappuram: Flaying the opposition resolve not have a dialogue with the government to finalise the terms and references of the solar panel probe, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said his Government has nothing to hide in the matter.
Talking to reporters here, he said without coming forward for dialogue with the government, the opposition was making various demands.
The government would consider if the opposition gives their suggestion in writing, he said.
The government had been saying that it was ready for any sort of probe on the issue.
The solar scam that has rocked the state for the past two months led to a two day siege of the government secretariat by LDF workers from August 12, demanding the resignation of Chandy and a judicial probe into the scam.
LDF called off the siege after Chandy announced government`s willingness to hold a judicial probe by a sitting High Court judge, but had vowed to continue with their agitation till Chandy resigned.
While announcing the decision to hold a judicial probe Chandy had stated that the terms of reference of the probe would be finalised after getting suggestions from opposition.
The scam pertains to cheating of many people by accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair, both under arrest, by offering clients solar energy solutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad