CM had no role in solar scam: Sreedharan to police
Kochi: Kerala High Court was on Thursday informed that Sreedharan Nair, a complainant in solar panel scam case, had told police during questioning that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had no role in the deal which he had entered with accused Saritha S Nair to set up a solar plant in Palakkad.
The submission in this regard was made by Additional DGP A Hemachandran, who is heading the Special Investigating Team probing the scam, which has rocked the state.
Nair had also given a statement before Pathnamthitta Judicial Magistrate that he had met the Chief Minister in his office. He allegedly included Chandy`s name in the complaint at a later stage.
According to Nair, owner of Mallelil industries, Saritha had received Rs 40 lakh to set up a plant at KINFRA park in Palakkad in association with Team Solar.
Tenny Joppen, a former official of Chandy`s office, was arrested on Nair`s complaint that he and Saritha had cheated him. Joppen was recently released on bail after spending over two months in custody.
The ADGP also stated that retrieval of data from CCTVs in the Chief Minister`s office is yet to be done. So far such retrieval had never been undertaken in any criminal case in Kerala, he stated.
The investigating team had been exploring the possibility of such retrieval utilising all available technologies, including those available with Non Government agencies, the court was informed.
The statement was filed on a petition by one Joy Kaitharath, seeking to retrieve CCTV data of CM`s office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia