CM to go ahead with Programme despite LDF threat to block it
Thiruvananthapuram: Notwithstanding CPI-M led LDF Opposition`s plan to block the Jana Samparka Paripadi (People`s Mass Contact Programme) on the solar scam issue, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday asserted he would go ahead with programme, scheduled to start on October 18.
"There is no change in the programme and it will go on as per schedule", Chandy said when asked about the threat of LDF to block the programme as part of their agitation, demanding his resignation over the solar scam.
The Chief Minister said people opposing the programme are actually opposing the people of the state.
Nearly one lakh applications on various issues has already been received as complaints were received on-line for the second phase of the Mass Contract Programme, which was acclaimed by even the United Nations, sources said.
The mass contact programme starting from Thiruvananthapuram on October 18 will cover all 14 districts and end on November 26.
During the programme, Chandy will meet people, listen to their complaints and ensure that these are sorted out by following it up with officials.
Ever since the solar panel scam broke out, LDF has been blocking the Chief Minister`s programmes. An earlier Left Front meet had decided to block the JSP programme.
The second phase of JSP, originally scheduled to be held in August last, had to be cancelled over the Left`s protest.
CPI-M Politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said LDF would oppose the programme as "it is a drama of the Chief Minister to defraud the people".
The solar scam pertains to cheating of scores of people by accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair, both under arrest, by offering clients solar energy solutions. They allegedly flaunted their clout with the CM`s office to dupe unsuspecting clients of huge sums.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know