Committee formed to finalise Monorail project
Thiruvananthapuram: A committee headed by Kerala Transport Minister Aryadan Mohammed has been formed to discuss and finalise the mono rail projects in Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram.
The meeting chaired by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy held here yesterday asked the committee to hold discussions with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and finalise things before the board meeting of mono rail in January next.
Besides Mohammed, the committee would have Additional Chief Secretary Elias George, Public Works Department Secretary T O Sooraj and Managing Director of Mono Rail Corporation, Harikesh as members.
It was decided to set up office of mono-rail project at at Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram.
In Thiruvananthapuram, it would be between Techno City and Karamana covering a distance of 22.2 km, and completed in three phases.
This stretch would have 19 stations and passing through Pallipuram, Kaniyapuram, Kazhakuttam, Kariavattom, Gurumandiram, Pangapara, Sreekariyam, Pongumoodu, Ulloor, Kesavadasapuram and Pattom.
The track would be on a two-metre wide median through the centre of NH 47. Four flyovers would also come up at Kariavattom, Sreekariyam, Ulloor and Pattom-Plamoodu as part of the project.
First phase of the project would be completed in one year and the second phase within three years after the required acquisition of land and the third phase would be completed within three years.
The mono rail would have three cars with a seating capacity of 520.
In Kozhikode, the mono rail would be of 14.2 km distance covering 15 stations between Medical College and Meenchantha.
The estimated project cost for Thiruvananthapuram is Rs 3,590 crore and Kozhikode Rs 1991 crore, an official release said here.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog