Complete vigilance probe against IGP soon: Kerala HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court today directed the
state vigilance to expeditiously complete the investigation
against suspended IGP Tomin J Thachankery, facing various
charges, including amassment of wealth, and submit the final
report in the court.
The direction in this regard was issued by Justice R
Basant while disposing a contempt petition by Boby Kuruvilla
of Alapuzha alleging inaction on the part of vigilance in
completing the inquiry against Thachankery, who was suspended
for undertaking a foreign trip without informing the state
Earlier, on Jan 27, 2007, the government had informed the
court that the inquiry would be completed and factual report
filed within six months.
The petitioner approached the court with a contempt
petition pointing out that even after the lapse of three
years, the direction had not been complied with.
In reply, SP Vigilance, informed the court that if the
allegation of amassment of wealth was found to be true and
departmental action will also be taken.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3