Complete vigilance probe against IGP soon: Kerala HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court today directed the
state vigilance to expeditiously complete the investigation
against suspended IGP Tomin J Thachankery, facing various
charges, including amassment of wealth, and submit the final
report in the court.
The direction in this regard was issued by Justice R
Basant while disposing a contempt petition by Boby Kuruvilla
of Alapuzha alleging inaction on the part of vigilance in
completing the inquiry against Thachankery, who was suspended
for undertaking a foreign trip without informing the state
Earlier, on Jan 27, 2007, the government had informed the
court that the inquiry would be completed and factual report
filed within six months.
The petitioner approached the court with a contempt
petition pointing out that even after the lapse of three
years, the direction had not been complied with.
In reply, SP Vigilance, informed the court that if the
allegation of amassment of wealth was found to be true and
departmental action will also be taken.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested