Cong candidate complains against rival for using prefix `Prof`
Thrissur: Former minister and Congress
candidate from Pudukad seat, KP Viswanathan, has lodged a
complaint with the returning officer against the rival CPI(M)
candidate for using prefix `Professor` before his name.
"C Ravindranathan of the CPI(M), who is not a Professor,
had made a request to add `Professor` to his name in the
ballot paper," Viswanathan said in Thrissur on Tuesday.
Viswanathan said this would amount to `cheating the
Election commission of India` as he was only a `Lecturer
Selection Grade` when he retired from the Saint Thomas College
here in May 2005.
Legal action against Ravindranathan should be taken and
wall posters and flex boards exhibited throughout the
constituency soliciting votes for `Professor Ravindranathan`
should be removed, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof