Cong decision on Kurien issue before Budget session: Chacko
Thrissur: Congress will formulate its stand on the demand for removal of PJ Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman after his name figured in Suryanelli gang-rape case before the budget session of Parliament commences, party spokesman PC Chacko said on Sunday.
"We will be taking decision on all issues, including this, before Parliament session begins (on February 21). The high command will not be closing its eyes to any issue coming before the party," he told reporters here.
"We are alert to every issue agitating the society and our spokesman has already said the high command will discuss and take an appropriate decision on this matter," he said responding to a question on the Kurein issue.
The Left and other opposition parties have been demanding removal of Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman in the wake of the victim of the 1996 Suryanelli case recently reiterating her charge against him.
Meanwhile, Kurien said at Nedumbassery near Kochi that he had nothing more to add than what he had already said on the issue.
Right from the start, he has been maintaining that he is innocent and the charge against him has been rejected by the Supreme Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport