Cong decision on Kurien issue before Budget session: Chacko
Thrissur: Congress will formulate its stand on the demand for removal of PJ Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman after his name figured in Suryanelli gang-rape case before the budget session of Parliament commences, party spokesman PC Chacko said on Sunday.
"We will be taking decision on all issues, including this, before Parliament session begins (on February 21). The high command will not be closing its eyes to any issue coming before the party," he told reporters here.
"We are alert to every issue agitating the society and our spokesman has already said the high command will discuss and take an appropriate decision on this matter," he said responding to a question on the Kurein issue.
The Left and other opposition parties have been demanding removal of Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman in the wake of the victim of the 1996 Suryanelli case recently reiterating her charge against him.
Meanwhile, Kurien said at Nedumbassery near Kochi that he had nothing more to add than what he had already said on the issue.
Right from the start, he has been maintaining that he is innocent and the charge against him has been rejected by the Supreme Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption