Cong decision on Kurien issue before Budget session: Chacko
Thrissur: Congress will formulate its stand on the demand for removal of PJ Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman after his name figured in Suryanelli gang-rape case before the budget session of Parliament commences, party spokesman PC Chacko said on Sunday.
"We will be taking decision on all issues, including this, before Parliament session begins (on February 21). The high command will not be closing its eyes to any issue coming before the party," he told reporters here.
"We are alert to every issue agitating the society and our spokesman has already said the high command will discuss and take an appropriate decision on this matter," he said responding to a question on the Kurein issue.
The Left and other opposition parties have been demanding removal of Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman in the wake of the victim of the 1996 Suryanelli case recently reiterating her charge against him.
Meanwhile, Kurien said at Nedumbassery near Kochi that he had nothing more to add than what he had already said on the issue.
Right from the start, he has been maintaining that he is innocent and the charge against him has been rejected by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA