Cong decision on Kurien issue before Budget session: Chacko
Thrissur: Congress will formulate its stand on the demand for removal of PJ Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman after his name figured in Suryanelli gang-rape case before the budget session of Parliament commences, party spokesman PC Chacko said on Sunday.
"We will be taking decision on all issues, including this, before Parliament session begins (on February 21). The high command will not be closing its eyes to any issue coming before the party," he told reporters here.
"We are alert to every issue agitating the society and our spokesman has already said the high command will discuss and take an appropriate decision on this matter," he said responding to a question on the Kurein issue.
The Left and other opposition parties have been demanding removal of Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman in the wake of the victim of the 1996 Suryanelli case recently reiterating her charge against him.
Meanwhile, Kurien said at Nedumbassery near Kochi that he had nothing more to add than what he had already said on the issue.
Right from the start, he has been maintaining that he is innocent and the charge against him has been rejected by the Supreme Court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory