Cong decision on Kurien issue before Budget session: Chacko
Thrissur: Congress will formulate its stand on the demand for removal of PJ Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman after his name figured in Suryanelli gang-rape case before the budget session of Parliament commences, party spokesman PC Chacko said on Sunday.
"We will be taking decision on all issues, including this, before Parliament session begins (on February 21). The high command will not be closing its eyes to any issue coming before the party," he told reporters here.
"We are alert to every issue agitating the society and our spokesman has already said the high command will discuss and take an appropriate decision on this matter," he said responding to a question on the Kurein issue.
The Left and other opposition parties have been demanding removal of Kurien as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman in the wake of the victim of the 1996 Suryanelli case recently reiterating her charge against him.
Meanwhile, Kurien said at Nedumbassery near Kochi that he had nothing more to add than what he had already said on the issue.
Right from the start, he has been maintaining that he is innocent and the charge against him has been rejected by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown