Cong in Kerala welcomes decision on Singhvi
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress in Kerala on Wednesday
welcomed the central leadership`s decision to restrain AICC
spokesperson Manu Abhishek Singhvi from holding media
briefings in the context of the row over his appearance in the
lottery case in the Kerala High Court which embarrassed the
party state unit deeply.
The state Finance Minister and CPI-M Central Committee member
T M Thomas Isaac, however, dubbed it as a "mere face-aving
"We are glad that the central leadership has saved the pride
of the Congress workers in Kerala", said the party MLA,
V D Satheesan, who raised alleged corruption and
irregularities in the operation of out-of-state lotteries in
the state assembly,which was taken up as a key theme by the
party against the LDF Government in the ongoing civic polls
Satheesan,however, sought to know whether Chief Minister
Achuthanandan would drop Isaac from his cabinet since he had
failed to rein in Bhutan and Sikkim lotteries which siphoned
of crores of rupees from the state.
The ruling Left Democratic Front and the Congress-led
United Democratic Front in Kerala have been engaged in a wordy
duel over the lottery issue in the last few months.
With the LDF had seizing the issue of Singhvi`s appearance
in the High Court for lottery promoter Megha Distributors as a
weapon to strike back at the Congress-led UDF.
The Congress in the state had lodged a complaint with the
high command seeking action against Singhvi.
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court