Cong leader demands judicial probe into varsity la
Thiruvananthapuram: Senior Congress leader K Muraleedharan, MLA, on Sunday demanded a judicial inquiry into the Calicut University land scam.
"Let there be a judicial inquiry to unearth the facts.There are some shady characters at the top of the university," Muraleedharan told reporters.
He said it was a serious matter that a university set up at the initiative of former chief minister and IUML leader late C H Muhammad Koya had landed in thick of a raging row.
The scandal pertains to an aborted move by a section in the University adminstration and syndicate to assign land forming part of its central campus to some private trusts, whose promoters are alleged to have connections with IUML, which holds the Education portfolio in the UDF ministry.
The Opposition LDF had decided to seek the Governor`s intervention to take action against Education Minister P K Abdu Rabb and Calicut University vice-chancellor Abdul Salam in connection with the scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory