Cong leader demands judicial probe into varsity la
Thiruvananthapuram: Senior Congress leader K Muraleedharan, MLA, on Sunday demanded a judicial inquiry into the Calicut University land scam.
"Let there be a judicial inquiry to unearth the facts.There are some shady characters at the top of the university," Muraleedharan told reporters.
He said it was a serious matter that a university set up at the initiative of former chief minister and IUML leader late C H Muhammad Koya had landed in thick of a raging row.
The scandal pertains to an aborted move by a section in the University adminstration and syndicate to assign land forming part of its central campus to some private trusts, whose promoters are alleged to have connections with IUML, which holds the Education portfolio in the UDF ministry.
The Opposition LDF had decided to seek the Governor`s intervention to take action against Education Minister P K Abdu Rabb and Calicut University vice-chancellor Abdul Salam in connection with the scam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons