Cong leader Karulalil Sukumaran passes away
Kollam: Karumalail Sukumaran, Congress leader and former chairman of Kollam Municipal Council, died in a private hospital on Saturday, family sources said.
As head of the civic body, Sukuamaran had played a vital role in the development of the town, which was elevated as a city corporation after 2000.
Sukumaran (71) had been keeping indifferent health for some time. He is survived by his wife and two sons.
He had served as the civic chief from 1980-87 and had been councillor from 1968 to 2000. It was during his tenure that Kollam town hall and many other civic amenities were built.
Sukumaran was also on the KPCC executive committee for several years and was a keen trade unioninst.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why