Cong to hold further talks with SJD on seat sharing
Kozhikode: Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala on Sunday said Congress will hold further talks with Socialist Janata Party (Democratic) to solve issues related to seat sharing in the Lok Sabha polls.
Speaking to reporters here, Chennithala said `discussions will be held again with SJD. We will find out solutions through discussions`, Chennithala said.
He said partners in the United Democratic Front alliance have got the right to ask for more seats in the Lok Sabha elections.
During discussions various suggestions will crop up, he said, adding, `it is not fair to disclose the details of the discussions`.
The Congress leadership including Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Chennithala and P P Thankachan, UDF convener, had held discussions on seat sharing with SJD leadership, yesterday in Kozhikode, without arriving at a decision.
SJD has demanded either Vadakara or Wayanad constituency, both held by Congress, for the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list