Cong to meet Governor for dismissal of Munda govt
Ranchi: In a new twist to the Jharkhand
political situation, the Congress today said it would meet
Governor M O H Farook tomorrow to demand dismissal of the Arjun Munda government as it "failed" to expand its three-member cabinet since its swearing-in on September 11.
Stating that the coalition was "unprepared" in staking
claim, the state Congress general secretary Sailesh Sinha told reporters, "A party delegation led by PCC president Pradeep Kumar Balmachu will meet Farook at noon tomorrow and apprise him of the BJP-led government`s inability to expand its ministry."
Claiming Munda`s "inability" to expand his ministry
reflected that the ruling coalition was not yet ready for
formation of government, Sinha said, "We will demand that the Governor dismisses this government."
On September eight, in a sudden development, Munda had
cobbled up 45 MLAs and staked his claim. He took oath three days later along with Deputy Chief Ministers Sudesh Mahto and Hemant Soren.
Munda, who can have a maximum of 12 ministers, is in
Delhi along with his two deputies, apparently to meet BJP
president Nitin Gadkari to discuss over the combination of his team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay
- VVIP choppers deal: ED summons Mitchel's Indian contacts
- Lenovo files trademark for 'Moto Z' smartphone; end of Moto X series?
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse