Cong to meet Governor for dismissal of Munda govt
Ranchi: In a new twist to the Jharkhand
political situation, the Congress today said it would meet
Governor M O H Farook tomorrow to demand dismissal of the Arjun Munda government as it "failed" to expand its three-member cabinet since its swearing-in on September 11.
Stating that the coalition was "unprepared" in staking
claim, the state Congress general secretary Sailesh Sinha told reporters, "A party delegation led by PCC president Pradeep Kumar Balmachu will meet Farook at noon tomorrow and apprise him of the BJP-led government`s inability to expand its ministry."
Claiming Munda`s "inability" to expand his ministry
reflected that the ruling coalition was not yet ready for
formation of government, Sinha said, "We will demand that the Governor dismisses this government."
On September eight, in a sudden development, Munda had
cobbled up 45 MLAs and staked his claim. He took oath three days later along with Deputy Chief Ministers Sudesh Mahto and Hemant Soren.
Munda, who can have a maximum of 12 ministers, is in
Delhi along with his two deputies, apparently to meet BJP
president Nitin Gadkari to discuss over the combination of his team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued