Congress backs Chandy, says he has "spotless" record in politics
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday backed Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who is in the eye of a storm over the solar panel scam, saying he has a long "unblemished" and "spotless" record in politics.
While LDF in Kerala has been pressing for his resignation, a defiant Chandy rejected their demand, saying it was part of a political conspiracy by the CPI-M-led LDF opposition.
At the AICC briefing, Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary said Chandy was no newcomer to politics.
"He (Chandy) has had a spotless image. The SIT investigations are going on. To condemn someone somebody, who has a spotless character for so many years, is very demeaning," Chowdhary told reporters.
AICC general secretary and Communication Department in-charge Ajay Maken speaking separately gave a clear indication of the party`s strong backing to the Chief Minister in this matter.
"Congress fully backs the Chief Minister. He (Chandy) has a long history of unblemished public life. The Left should wait for the SIT probe to be completed," Maken said.
The solar panel scam pertains to alleged cheating of several persons to the tune of crores of rupees by one Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions.
Meanwhile, three MLAs from Kerala, who are known for independent views on various issues related to the party and the governnment in Kerala, have reached here to meet the Congress high command.
The MLAs are newly-appointed AICC secretary VD Satheesan, TN Prathapan and VT Balram.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state