Congress daily blasts UDF chief whip
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress in Kerala has sharpened attack on the government chief whip P C George of Kerala Congress(M), with the party`s official daily saying he had become a "grievous threat to the health of ruling UDF" of which his party is a key component.
The onslaught on George, known for his penchant to make acerbic remarks against Congress leaders and the UDF Government, came close on the heels of KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala asking Kerala Congress(M) leadership to rein in the Chief Whip.
"George has become a grievous threat to the health of the very UDF...His aides and advisers are from the AKG Centre (state headquarters of the CPI(M)...He has his breakfast and lunch at the UDF camp while he sleeps at the AKG Centre," an article carried by Congress official organ "Veekshanam" said on Friday.
The write-up, penned by former Congress MLA K Muhammadali, said George had become a "blot" on the UDF and it was time the bluff of his threat to the coalition on account of its slender majority was called.
Annoyed by his fulminations, Congress and its feeder outfits like Youth Congress has launched a counter offensive against George since last week saying it was high time he was restrained by his party.
The immediate provocation for the Congress to slam George was derogatory comments in abusive language made by him against the state Congress leadership.
For quite some time, George has emerged as an open critic of the Chandy Government, especially when it was under attack from the LDF over the solar scam.
George`s justification for his comments is that he has been speaking on issues in view of the larger interests of UDF and refuted the charge that his remarks gave ammunition to LDF to further its attack on the government over issues like solar scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!