Congress leader demands relook at power hike
Kozhikode: Senior Congress leader V M Sudheeran on Friday asked the party-led United Democratic Front government to re-consider the power tariff hike, saying it would adversely affect the people already hit by price rise.
"Already People are suffering due to the price rise of essential commodities and in this situation, the power tariff hike has come as a shock," he said at a pensioners` meeting.
Sudheeran said there may be limitations for the government. But, it could have reduced the burden imposed on the people by promptly collecting the electricity charges due from various establishments and by taking steps to check power theft.
The Kerala State Electricity Regulatory Commission had yesterday announced a 30 per cent across the board hike in power charges for various categories of domestic and non-domestic consumers.
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan and CPI(M) State Secretary PInarayi Vijayan have lashed out at the government for hike and demanded that it be rolled back.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog