Congress `most communal` party, says Rajnath Singh
Kochi: In a tit-for-tat for Rahul Gandhi`s attack on his party over riots, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Thursday hit out against Congress, saying it was the `most communal` party in the country.
He made the remarks when his response was sought by reporters here with regard to Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi`s charge in poll-bound Rajasthan yesterday that `BJP was fanning the politics of anger and hate and damaging the country`s secular fabric`.
Lashing out at the Congress, Singh said: "Most communal party of the country is Congress...It had adopted the Divide and Rule policy of Britishers and they were following the same after Independence also."
The BJP President interacted with RSS leaders, who are here to attend the three-day National Executive meeting of the sangh, commencing here from tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!