Congress rallies behind Sudhakaran
Thrissur: Coming out in support of Congress MP K Sudhakaran against whom allegations had been levelled that he had conspired to murder CPI-M leader E P Jayarajan, Kerala PCC President Ramesh Chennithala on Monday said this was a CPI(M) ploy to divert attention from the murder of Marxist rebel TP Chandrasekharan.
A former aide of Sudhakaran had alleged that the MP was involved in a "conspiracy" to murder Jayarajan in early 1990s.
"CPI(M)`s new tactics to character-assassinate Sudhakaran by exerting undue influence on the former aide was to divert attention from the Chandrasekharan murder case which would not be sucessful," Chennithala told a meet-the-press programme here.
Nobody should be under the illusion that the Kannur leader could be isolated by such statements, he said.
The revelations were an attempt by the CPI(M) to save its "lost face," he said.
There was vast difference beween the allegations made against Sudhakaran and the disclosures made by M M Mani, former CPI-M Idukki district secretary, that CPI-M had annihilated its political foes, he said.
Mani`s was a confession of the felonies committed by him while the former aide`s allegations against Sudhakaran were influenced by somebody else, Chennithala alleged.
Describing as `despicable` the reiteration of the CPI(M) State secretary, Pinarayi Vijayan that the party had `no role` in the murder of Chandrasekharan at Onchiyam on May 4, he said those arrested in the case were Marxist leaders.
On the war of words between Vijayan and veteran Marxist V S Achuthanandan, he claimed their image in the minds of the people had touched an all time low.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly