Congress spokesperson beaten up in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A Congress spokesperson was Monday beaten up by suspected Left protestors at a railway station here, police said.
The attack on Congress leader Rajmohan Unnithan, who has also acted in almost a dozen Malayalam films, coincided with thousands of Left workers laying siege to the state secretariat seeking Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s resignation over the Solar scam.
Speaking to reporters at a private hospital, Unnithan said the moment he alighted at the platform a few people started abusing him.
"They kicked me and I fell down. I was punched and kicked many times. They were saying that I will be finished because I have been consistently attacking the top CPI-M state leaders on TV channels," said Unnithan.
He claimed he was rescued by a police officer and taken to a private hospital.
The siege by the Left parties comes in the wake of the Solar scam, which pertains to financial cheating of several people by Saritha Nair and her live-in partner Biju Radkahrishnan who offered clients solar energy solutions at huge discounts, the accused allegedly used their clout in the chief minister`s office for duping their clients.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened