Congress spokesperson beaten up in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A Congress spokesperson was Monday beaten up by suspected Left protestors at a railway station here, police said.
The attack on Congress leader Rajmohan Unnithan, who has also acted in almost a dozen Malayalam films, coincided with thousands of Left workers laying siege to the state secretariat seeking Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s resignation over the Solar scam.
Speaking to reporters at a private hospital, Unnithan said the moment he alighted at the platform a few people started abusing him.
"They kicked me and I fell down. I was punched and kicked many times. They were saying that I will be finished because I have been consistently attacking the top CPI-M state leaders on TV channels," said Unnithan.
He claimed he was rescued by a police officer and taken to a private hospital.
The siege by the Left parties comes in the wake of the Solar scam, which pertains to financial cheating of several people by Saritha Nair and her live-in partner Biju Radkahrishnan who offered clients solar energy solutions at huge discounts, the accused allegedly used their clout in the chief minister`s office for duping their clients.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations