Conspiracy against Achuthanandan, says Karat
Kolkata: CPI-M General Secretary Prakash
Karat on Friday defended former Kerala Chief Minister VS
Achuthanandan, against whom an FIR was filed in a land
denotification case, saying he is an efficient leader and
alleged that a conspiracy has been hatched against him.
"Achuthanandan stands tallest as a leader who never
compromised in his fight against corruption and that has been
proved on many occasions," he told reporters here after the
party`s Central Committee meeting.
Achuthanandan is alleged to have allotted government land
to his relatives in Kasargod, Kerala, violating government
norms during his tenure as the Chief Minister.
The former Kerala Chief Minister, however, called the
"whole plot a conspiracy against him by the ruling
He even offered to quit as the leader of Opposition in
Kerala Assembly if named in a charge sheet, which was,
however, rejected by the party`s central leadership earlier.
To a question, if the party would ask him now to step
down from the post, Karat said, "Let us see the development of
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'