Contempt proceedings against Kerala CPI-M leader from Nov 29
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday asked senior Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader MV Jayarajan to appear before it Nov 29 to face contempt of court proceedings for an outburst against judges in July.
A division bench of Justice AK Basheer and Justice Thomas P Joseph decided to initiate the proceedings against him following a direction from a larger bench of the court.
A three-member bench of Chief Justice J Chelameswar, Justice Basheer and Justice KM Joseph earlier decided to go ahead with the contempt proceedings. It decided this while taking up a public interest litigation (PIL) on the issue.
Jayarajan, 50, while addressing a public meeting in July after a high court order against roadside meetings, used objectionable words against the judges who passed the order.
Jayarajan, who hails from Kannur, is a two-time legislator and a member of the CPI-M`s state committee.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says