Cop bitten by HIV infected man in Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: In a bizarre
incident, an HIV infected man, wanted in connection with several criminal cases, bit two policemen when they went to arrest him near here, police said today.
The middle-aged man of Pallithura, a coastal hamlet, used to flaunt the infection he is suffering from as a `weapon` to scare away people by threatening to bite them.
The offender was involved in several cases and had been absconding for the last few months after obtaining bail from a local court.
Armed with a detention order, the police team comprising a Sub-Inspector and two constables had gone to nab him yesterday on getting information that he was creating trouble in the village.
As the team approached him, he first attacked them with a machet but was overpowered and made to board the police jeep.
Then, to the shock of the law enforcers, he bit the two constables and kept on shouting that he was a HIV positive person.
The bitten policemen were rushed to the medical college hospital here and administered preventive medicines, police said.
Examination of the medical reports of the man showed that he had tested HIV positive years back and was a drug addict. He was later produced in a local court and remanded to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?