COP prevents forcible marriage of a teenaged girl
Coimbatore: Timely intervention by the city police commissioner saved a teenaged girl student here from being forcibly married off by her parents to her brother-in-law.
The 17-year old girl, a plus two student had contacted commissioner C Sylendra Babu last night and informed him that her parents have arranged to give her in marriage to her sister`s husband.
Since her sister had delivered two girl children, her husband, a scrap merchant,wanted a male baby and convinced his in-laws to arrange the marriage with the teenager,police said.
The CoP made arrangments to bring her from her house, admitted her to a children`s home and also warned the brother in law.
The commissioner was also arranging for a counseling session for the parents so that they drop the idea of the marriage, sources said.
The girl is being provided police protection while going to school and coming back and also while writing her exams, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry