COP prevents forcible marriage of a teenaged girl
Coimbatore: Timely intervention by the city police commissioner saved a teenaged girl student here from being forcibly married off by her parents to her brother-in-law.
The 17-year old girl, a plus two student had contacted commissioner C Sylendra Babu last night and informed him that her parents have arranged to give her in marriage to her sister`s husband.
Since her sister had delivered two girl children, her husband, a scrap merchant,wanted a male baby and convinced his in-laws to arrange the marriage with the teenager,police said.
The CoP made arrangments to bring her from her house, admitted her to a children`s home and also warned the brother in law.
The commissioner was also arranging for a counseling session for the parents so that they drop the idea of the marriage, sources said.
The girl is being provided police protection while going to school and coming back and also while writing her exams, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!