‘Copy of SIT report will be given to Achuthanandan`
Kochi: Kerala High court on Tuesday said the copy of
the investigation report filed by the Special Investigation
Team, set up to probe fresh allegations against Industries
Minister P K Kunhalikutty in a sex scandal, will be given to
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan on application.
A Division Bench, comprising acting Chief Justice Manjula
Chellur and Justice V Chidambaresh deferred the case to March
27 for further consideration.
When the matter was taken up, Senior Supreme court counsel
Shekhar Naphade, appearing for Achuthanandan, sought a copy of
the investigation report.The court said if application was
made under High Court rules,a copy of the report can be given.
Advocate General K P Dandapani also sought for more time
for hearing the matter.
The SIT had submitted the report to the court in a sealed
cover this January.
The previous LDF government led by Achuthanandan had
ordered the SIT probe following fresh allegations made by K A
Rauf, an estranged relative of Kunahlikutty, who alleged that
the minister had allegedly destroyed evidence and used money
to influence witnesses and fabricate evidence in the `ice
cream parlour sex` case in 2006.
Two former judges-- Justice K Narayana Kurup, Justice K
Thankappan, former Advocate General M K Damodaran, former
state Attorney P C Iype were among those questioned by SIT.
The case, which surfaced during the late 1990s, relates to
allegations that an Ice cream parlour in Kozhikode city was
being used to lure young women into prostitution.
Kunhalikutty, who was a minister in the previous UDF
government, had to quit in 2004 following the allegations. He,
however, did not figure as accused.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill