‘Copy of SIT report will be given to Achuthanandan`
Kochi: Kerala High court on Tuesday said the copy of
the investigation report filed by the Special Investigation
Team, set up to probe fresh allegations against Industries
Minister P K Kunhalikutty in a sex scandal, will be given to
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan on application.
A Division Bench, comprising acting Chief Justice Manjula
Chellur and Justice V Chidambaresh deferred the case to March
27 for further consideration.
When the matter was taken up, Senior Supreme court counsel
Shekhar Naphade, appearing for Achuthanandan, sought a copy of
the investigation report.The court said if application was
made under High Court rules,a copy of the report can be given.
Advocate General K P Dandapani also sought for more time
for hearing the matter.
The SIT had submitted the report to the court in a sealed
cover this January.
The previous LDF government led by Achuthanandan had
ordered the SIT probe following fresh allegations made by K A
Rauf, an estranged relative of Kunahlikutty, who alleged that
the minister had allegedly destroyed evidence and used money
to influence witnesses and fabricate evidence in the `ice
cream parlour sex` case in 2006.
Two former judges-- Justice K Narayana Kurup, Justice K
Thankappan, former Advocate General M K Damodaran, former
state Attorney P C Iype were among those questioned by SIT.
The case, which surfaced during the late 1990s, relates to
allegations that an Ice cream parlour in Kozhikode city was
being used to lure young women into prostitution.
Kunhalikutty, who was a minister in the previous UDF
government, had to quit in 2004 following the allegations. He,
however, did not figure as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez