‘Copy of SIT report will be given to Achuthanandan`
Kochi: Kerala High court on Tuesday said the copy of
the investigation report filed by the Special Investigation
Team, set up to probe fresh allegations against Industries
Minister P K Kunhalikutty in a sex scandal, will be given to
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan on application.
A Division Bench, comprising acting Chief Justice Manjula
Chellur and Justice V Chidambaresh deferred the case to March
27 for further consideration.
When the matter was taken up, Senior Supreme court counsel
Shekhar Naphade, appearing for Achuthanandan, sought a copy of
the investigation report.The court said if application was
made under High Court rules,a copy of the report can be given.
Advocate General K P Dandapani also sought for more time
for hearing the matter.
The SIT had submitted the report to the court in a sealed
cover this January.
The previous LDF government led by Achuthanandan had
ordered the SIT probe following fresh allegations made by K A
Rauf, an estranged relative of Kunahlikutty, who alleged that
the minister had allegedly destroyed evidence and used money
to influence witnesses and fabricate evidence in the `ice
cream parlour sex` case in 2006.
Two former judges-- Justice K Narayana Kurup, Justice K
Thankappan, former Advocate General M K Damodaran, former
state Attorney P C Iype were among those questioned by SIT.
The case, which surfaced during the late 1990s, relates to
allegations that an Ice cream parlour in Kozhikode city was
being used to lure young women into prostitution.
Kunhalikutty, who was a minister in the previous UDF
government, had to quit in 2004 following the allegations. He,
however, did not figure as accused.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured