Corporates influencing political leaders: Dasgupta
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI leader and AITUC general secretary Gurudas Dasgupta on Monday alleged that corporates were trying to influence political leaders ahead of general elections in the country.
Referring to the recent interactions of Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi held with leaders of the corporate world, he said,"These two persons, contenders for the post of Prime Minister are being influenced by the corporates so that none of their demands are overlooked if and when they take the chair."
Participating in a a meet-the-press programme organised by the Press Club here, Dasgupta alleged "Game of corporates has begun even before the process for the next elections have started."
Both Congress and BJP act under the influence of corporates and they always protect their interest, he alleged.
Dasgupta said UPA government`s decision to decontrol sugar would lead to spiral in prices of commodities.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore