Corporates influencing political leaders: Dasgupta
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI leader and AITUC general secretary Gurudas Dasgupta on Monday alleged that corporates were trying to influence political leaders ahead of general elections in the country.
Referring to the recent interactions of Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi held with leaders of the corporate world, he said,"These two persons, contenders for the post of Prime Minister are being influenced by the corporates so that none of their demands are overlooked if and when they take the chair."
Participating in a a meet-the-press programme organised by the Press Club here, Dasgupta alleged "Game of corporates has begun even before the process for the next elections have started."
Both Congress and BJP act under the influence of corporates and they always protect their interest, he alleged.
Dasgupta said UPA government`s decision to decontrol sugar would lead to spiral in prices of commodities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?