Corrupt and sexual abusers will be taken to task: Kerala CM
Palakkad: If voted back to power, the LDF
government would sternly deal with corrupt politicians
and sexual exploiters, Kerala Chief Minister and CPI(M)
stalwart V S Achuthanandan said here on Monday.
Achuthanandan, who arrived here to attend the LDF`s election
convention at Malampuzha where he is seeking mandate for the
third time, was given a rousing reception by party workers
at the railway station.
"No mercy should be shown towards the corrupt and those
who sexually exploits women.Our aim is to build a new
Kerala and we will make unsparing efforts to achieve that
goal", Achuthandan said.
The 87-year-old Marxist is seeking election from the CPI(M)
bastion Malampuzha for the third consecutive time.
Though his rivals in the deeply divided state unit of the
CPI(M) had sought to keep him off the fray, they revoked that
decision under pressure from the central leadership and the
outcry from the party ranks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani