Corrupt and sexual abusers will be taken to task: Kerala CM
Palakkad: If voted back to power, the LDF
government would sternly deal with corrupt politicians
and sexual exploiters, Kerala Chief Minister and CPI(M)
stalwart V S Achuthanandan said here on Monday.
Achuthanandan, who arrived here to attend the LDF`s election
convention at Malampuzha where he is seeking mandate for the
third time, was given a rousing reception by party workers
at the railway station.
"No mercy should be shown towards the corrupt and those
who sexually exploits women.Our aim is to build a new
Kerala and we will make unsparing efforts to achieve that
goal", Achuthandan said.
The 87-year-old Marxist is seeking election from the CPI(M)
bastion Malampuzha for the third consecutive time.
Though his rivals in the deeply divided state unit of the
CPI(M) had sought to keep him off the fray, they revoked that
decision under pressure from the central leadership and the
outcry from the party ranks.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog