Corrupt and sexual abusers will be taken to task: Kerala CM
Palakkad: If voted back to power, the LDF
government would sternly deal with corrupt politicians
and sexual exploiters, Kerala Chief Minister and CPI(M)
stalwart V S Achuthanandan said here on Monday.
Achuthanandan, who arrived here to attend the LDF`s election
convention at Malampuzha where he is seeking mandate for the
third time, was given a rousing reception by party workers
at the railway station.
"No mercy should be shown towards the corrupt and those
who sexually exploits women.Our aim is to build a new
Kerala and we will make unsparing efforts to achieve that
goal", Achuthandan said.
The 87-year-old Marxist is seeking election from the CPI(M)
bastion Malampuzha for the third consecutive time.
Though his rivals in the deeply divided state unit of the
CPI(M) had sought to keep him off the fray, they revoked that
decision under pressure from the central leadership and the
outcry from the party ranks.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts