Corrupt and sexual abusers will be taken to task: Kerala CM
Palakkad: If voted back to power, the LDF
government would sternly deal with corrupt politicians
and sexual exploiters, Kerala Chief Minister and CPI(M)
stalwart V S Achuthanandan said here on Monday.
Achuthanandan, who arrived here to attend the LDF`s election
convention at Malampuzha where he is seeking mandate for the
third time, was given a rousing reception by party workers
at the railway station.
"No mercy should be shown towards the corrupt and those
who sexually exploits women.Our aim is to build a new
Kerala and we will make unsparing efforts to achieve that
goal", Achuthandan said.
The 87-year-old Marxist is seeking election from the CPI(M)
bastion Malampuzha for the third consecutive time.
Though his rivals in the deeply divided state unit of the
CPI(M) had sought to keep him off the fray, they revoked that
decision under pressure from the central leadership and the
outcry from the party ranks.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'