Cost of Kerala`s Kuttanad package is Rs 4,500 cr
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government expects to incur a Rs 4,500 crore expenditure on implementing various schemes for renovation of agricultural land in Kuttanad, in Alappuzha district, under the Kuttanad package recommended by the M S Swaminathan Research Foundation.
In a written reply to a question in the State Assembly, Agriculture Minister K P Mohanan said 50 schemes had to be implemented under the project, for which the Centre had given approval. The state government had prepared detailed a project report for 47 schemes, he said.
Out of Rs 4,500 crore, Rs 4,000 crore was to be utilized on works taken up by irrigation department, he added. The Centre would bear 75 per cent of the cost of the project, he added.
The project work was inaugurated in September last year and the recommendations of the Swaminathan Research Foundation ere approved by the Union Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere