Country-made bombs seized, 21 PFI cadres arrested
Kannur: Three country-made bombs and a sword were seized in a raid at an under construction building and 21 alleged activists of radical outfit Popular Front of India taken into custody at Narath area, police said Tuesday.
Some PFI leaflets, an identity card and a human dummy were also recovered from the building, they said adding two persons guarding the centre fled on seeing the police.
The 21 persons arrested, all from outside Kannur and suspected to be attending a camp of the outfit, were being questioned, they said.
Meanwhile, BJP district President K Ranjith demanded a National Investigation Agency (NIA) probe into the seizure of weapons.
Claiming that Kannur has become a centre for "terror" activities, Ranjith said such centres were functioning at various places in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions