Country-made bombs seized, 21 PFI cadres arrested
Kannur: Three country-made bombs and a sword were seized in a raid at an under construction building and 21 alleged activists of radical outfit Popular Front of India taken into custody at Narath area, police said Tuesday.
Some PFI leaflets, an identity card and a human dummy were also recovered from the building, they said adding two persons guarding the centre fled on seeing the police.
The 21 persons arrested, all from outside Kannur and suspected to be attending a camp of the outfit, were being questioned, they said.
Meanwhile, BJP district President K Ranjith demanded a National Investigation Agency (NIA) probe into the seizure of weapons.
Claiming that Kannur has become a centre for "terror" activities, Ranjith said such centres were functioning at various places in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf