Country-made bombs seized, 21 PFI cadres arrested
Kannur: Three country-made bombs and a sword were seized in a raid at an under construction building and 21 alleged activists of radical outfit Popular Front of India taken into custody at Narath area, police said Tuesday.
Some PFI leaflets, an identity card and a human dummy were also recovered from the building, they said adding two persons guarding the centre fled on seeing the police.
The 21 persons arrested, all from outside Kannur and suspected to be attending a camp of the outfit, were being questioned, they said.
Meanwhile, BJP district President K Ranjith demanded a National Investigation Agency (NIA) probe into the seizure of weapons.
Claiming that Kannur has become a centre for "terror" activities, Ranjith said such centres were functioning at various places in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India