Court admits plea against Kurien, Siby Mathew
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court on Tuesday admitted a petition seeking to register cases against Rajya Sabha deputy chairman PJ Kurien and Chief Information Commissioner Siby Mathew in connection with the Sooryanelli gang rape case.
The petition filed by pro-CPI Kerala Mahila Sangham office-bearer C Udayakala, sought a direction from the Court to police to register a case against Kurien for alleged sexual exploitation of the victim.
Action has also been sought against Siby Mathew, then ADGP (Additional Director General of Police) who headed the Special Investigation Team that inquired into the case, for alleged destruction of evidence and conspiracy to shield Kurien.
Eleven persons including Dharmarajan, the third accused in the case who was arrested two days back, and K K Joshua, one of the officers in the SIT were arrayed as witnesses.
The judicial first class magistrate court posted the case for hearing on March two.
The case relates to the sexual exploitation of a girl from Suryanelli in Idukki district of Kerala, who was abducted in January 1996 and transported to various places and harassed by different persons for over 40 days.
Kurien`s name figured again in connection with the case recently after the victim wrote to her advocate to explore the possibility of filing a review plea in the Supreme Court, seeking a fresh probe against him. Kurien has maintained he has been cleared of the charges by the Apex Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video