Court admits plea against Kurien, Siby Mathew
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court on Tuesday admitted a petition seeking to register cases against Rajya Sabha deputy chairman PJ Kurien and Chief Information Commissioner Siby Mathew in connection with the Sooryanelli gang rape case.
The petition filed by pro-CPI Kerala Mahila Sangham office-bearer C Udayakala, sought a direction from the Court to police to register a case against Kurien for alleged sexual exploitation of the victim.
Action has also been sought against Siby Mathew, then ADGP (Additional Director General of Police) who headed the Special Investigation Team that inquired into the case, for alleged destruction of evidence and conspiracy to shield Kurien.
Eleven persons including Dharmarajan, the third accused in the case who was arrested two days back, and K K Joshua, one of the officers in the SIT were arrayed as witnesses.
The judicial first class magistrate court posted the case for hearing on March two.
The case relates to the sexual exploitation of a girl from Suryanelli in Idukki district of Kerala, who was abducted in January 1996 and transported to various places and harassed by different persons for over 40 days.
Kurien`s name figured again in connection with the case recently after the victim wrote to her advocate to explore the possibility of filing a review plea in the Supreme Court, seeking a fresh probe against him. Kurien has maintained he has been cleared of the charges by the Apex Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!