Court dismisses petition against Achuthanandan
Thrissur: A Vigilance Court here on Monday dismissed a petition filed against opposition leader in the Kerala assembly V S Achuthanandan alleging corruption in the appointment of Jijo Joseph as CEO of Kochi Infopark.
Dismissing the petition, Inquiry Commissioner and Special Judge V Bhaskaran held that the charges levelled by the petitioner that there were irregularities in the appointment of Jijo Joseph as Chief Executive Officer of the Kochi Infopark, when Achuthanandan was the Chief Minister in February last year, were "vague and lacked evidence".
George Vattukulam, President of a city based NGO, had filed a petition against Achuthanandan, Sebastin Paul, former MP, Jijo Joseph and K Jayakumar, then Additional Chief Secretary (now Chief Secretary), on October 7 last year, and sought action against them under various sections of Criminal Procedure Code and Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the petitioner, Kishore Pillai, who topped the list was not selected and Jijo Joseph, who was second on line and a relative of Sebastian Paul, was appointed as CEO on a monthly salary of Rs 1.25 lakh plus perks.
The petitioner alleged that Achuthanandan, Paul and Jayakumar had received gratification from Jijo Joseph.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'