Court grants bail to Bitti Mohanty
Payyannur: Bitti Mohanty, a rape case convict charged with jumping parole in Rajasthan and arrested in Kannur district of Kerala on charges of impersonation, forgery and cheating, was granted bail by a local court on Wednesday.
While granting bail, Judicial Magistrate A K Vidhyadharan directed Bitti to execute a bond of Rs one lakh with two sureties of like amount.
The court directed that one of the sureties should be a close relative of Bitti and the other should have landed property in the state.
The accused was sentenced to seven years` imprisonment for raping a German tourist at Alwar in Rajasthan and was absconding after he jumped parole on November 20, 2006.
Bitti, son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, was arrested on March 8 while working as trainee officer of State Bank of Travancore in Kannur under a false name Raghav Rajan, after the bank got an anonymous letter revealing Bitti`s identity.
After jumping the parole in Rajasthan, Bitti had spent a few months in Puttapparathi where he was alleged to have forged documents using which he took an MBA degree course in Kannur and later got appointment in the bank.
Bitti was also taken to Odisha after his arrest and police had also questioned Bitti`s father to prove the identity of Bitti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch