Court grants bail to Bitti Mohanty
Payyannur: Bitti Mohanty, a rape case convict charged with jumping parole in Rajasthan and arrested in Kannur district of Kerala on charges of impersonation, forgery and cheating, was granted bail by a local court on Wednesday.
While granting bail, Judicial Magistrate A K Vidhyadharan directed Bitti to execute a bond of Rs one lakh with two sureties of like amount.
The court directed that one of the sureties should be a close relative of Bitti and the other should have landed property in the state.
The accused was sentenced to seven years` imprisonment for raping a German tourist at Alwar in Rajasthan and was absconding after he jumped parole on November 20, 2006.
Bitti, son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, was arrested on March 8 while working as trainee officer of State Bank of Travancore in Kannur under a false name Raghav Rajan, after the bank got an anonymous letter revealing Bitti`s identity.
After jumping the parole in Rajasthan, Bitti had spent a few months in Puttapparathi where he was alleged to have forged documents using which he took an MBA degree course in Kannur and later got appointment in the bank.
Bitti was also taken to Odisha after his arrest and police had also questioned Bitti`s father to prove the identity of Bitti.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar