Court orders charge sheet against Kerala CPI-M leader
Kochi: The Kerala High Court Monday ordered a charge sheet to be filed against Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader M.V. Jayarajan by June 8 for his public outburst against the judiciary.
Jayarajan, who is facing contempt of court charge on the issue, told reporters after the court hearing that he has been denied natural justice.
"The court today (Monday) after looking into the evidences of my speech, did not bother to give us the copy of that. This is a clear case of denying me natural justice. Moreover, I stand by what I said because the ruling of the court that prevents assembly of people on roads is not a correct judgment in a democracy," said Jayarajan.
The charge sheet would now be given to him next month following a public interest litigation against his remarks against judges in July last year.
Jayarajan, at a public meeting, made unparliamentary remarks against the judges after a high court ruling banned roadside meetings by political parties.
A three-member bench comprising Chief Justice J. Chelameswar, Justice A.K. Basheer and Justice K.M. Joseph ordered contempt proceedings against the CPI-M leader from Kannur.
Jayarajan, 50, is a two-time legislator and member of the party`s state committee.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31